The correct harness position should be:
- Rear facing – at or slightly below the child’s shoulders
- Forward facing – at or slightly above the child’s shoulders
Check your car seat manual for instructions specific to your car seat model.
If your car seat features the Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System, the car seat headrest and harness adjust together with one hand. Raise or lower the headrest to the correct height for your child.
For car seats without the Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System, to change the height of your harness straps manually, follow the following steps:
- Loosen harness straps: Lift lever and pull shoulder straps out.
- Remove both shoulder harness strap loops from splitter plate on back of child restraint. Pull harness straps through restraint and pad.
- Insert harness straps into desired slots. Make sure harness straps are threaded through matching slot of seat pad and child restrain.
- It may be necessary to remove seat pad from top of child restraint while relocating slots.
- Insert harness straps behind harness cover plate.
CHECK that the loops are completely within the splitter plate.
Make sure both harness straps are set to the same harness slot level.
- Attach harness straps to splitter plate.