Is My Regular Driver’s License Sufficient When I Am Renting Outside My Resident Country?

Generally, a driver’s license, passport and an International Driving Permit issued in the driver’s name from their home country is required for most Budget car rentals with the following exceptions:

  • European Union (EU) residents renting in the EU must present either an International Driving Permit along with the driver’s license from their home country or simply their EU driver’s license.
  • All other drivers may not be required to present an International Driving Permit when traveling abroad, but they should be prepared to do so. For information on how a U.S. resident may obtain an International Driving Permit, visit the U.S. Department of State Web site. Non-U.S. residents should obtain their International Driving Permit from their home country before traveling.
  • If your home country’s driver’s license information is not written in the Roman alphabet, you will be required to present an International Driving Permit in order to rent from Budget.

Related FAQ

Hot Promotions From Budget Rent A Car

* There is no coupons, sales or deals now.